Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Spirit of Christmas

This week we have been busily getting ready for Christmas. No matter how hard we tried to get our shopping done early, we still had just 1-2 little things to finish up. I can officially say that all the shopping is done, every gift is wrapped and we are impatiently awaiting Jesus' birthday.


This week Olivia and I went downtown and participated in the Christmas walk. Olivia believe it or not revisited Santa and sat on his lap! She was VERY hesitant and had to hold mommy's hand, but she did it! It helped that Mrs. Claus was also sitting there rooting her on. Olivia also got to meet one of Santa's reindeer. Comet made an appearance at Santa's house and Olivia met him and shared some of her popcorn with him!
Olivia also got the opportunity to play out in the snow again. She really enjoys doing that this year. This time Olie and Bella got in on the action. They absolutely love to run and nose dive into the snow...in my opinion the lights are not all on upstairs if you know what I mean.


Keeping with the holiday spirit, we attempted to take Olivia and Joseph's picture under the Christmas tree. It became quite a circus when Joseph started throwing a fit and Olivia was being a stubborn 2 year old. Somehow, though, we got a decent picture.





The highlight of Olie and Bella's week was when they went to visit Santa Claus. We brought them to the groomer to get their holiday hairdo's and Santa was there visiting. They took a picture with him. Oliver is hilarious, he looks like he is smiling with his lower teeth showing. He was actually responding to Olivia and I bribing him with a treat if he sits still. Santa was pre-occupied with Bella, she was trying to wiggle free. Poor Santa, he's had his hands full with the Heiple bunch this year!





This was a pretty quiet week for Joseph. The only time he ventured out was for his doctor's appointment. We received excellent news, and so so news from Dr. Johnson. He said that he is amazed at Joseph's progress and said that we should be commended for his strives. Dr. Johnson said that Joseph is excelling far greater than he has seen other micro preemies. The so so news is that he still needs the oxygen at night, but he has made a lot of progress in this area too. We just don't want to push him too fast and make him regress. Joseph is now 15 lbs 6 oz. and 26 in. long. Everyday that goes by I am always in awe of God's miracles. Praise God for he is great!



I am happy to say that I am officially on winter break...AMEN! I have 14 days of relaxation, and I need every moment of it. My class is wonderful, but keeps me on my toes.

Well, I think that is all of the Heiple news for this week. I wish you all a blessed Christmas with your families, and all the best in 2009. Travel safe this holiday season!

God Bless,

The Heiples

No comments: