Saturday, January 9, 2010

Well the weather outside is frightful...and inside is so delightful!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
We hope that everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve, and we wish you all the best in 2010!

I apologize for the delay in my blogging that last couple of weeks. It has been busy/yet not so busy around the Heiple house...let me explain...

Last week was the last week of my winter break which is when I get big jobs done around the house that I can't get done when I am working. One big job was cleaning out the toy room. The number one rule in the Heiple house at Christmas is that with every new toy that comes in the house, an old toy must go to charity. So it took me about 2 days to get that job taken care of. Then I cleaned out some cupboards in the kitchen, organized some closets, ironed clothes, thoroughly dusted, and cleaned the carpets. Progress around the house was much slower this break seeing that I was recovering from outpatient surgery...but nonetheless it all got done. Then once school started I hit the ground running with several big projects.

Another hectic project going on over the break is Jason's tv stand project. For Christmas, my dad gave all of us a 37" flat screen tv (which is so awesome!); but unfortunately the old tv stand was not going to work, so Jas made a new one. It took him about 1 1/2 weeks to build it from scratch, and I have to say it is beautiful! He just needs to add glass to the doors tonight and it will be finished!


The last busy project was Olivia's 4th birthday invitation. Yes, that's right, you read correctly, Olivia is turning 4! Every year I take the kids' pictures and make a party invitation. Here are some of the glam photos we took. The party's theme is Glamour Barbie, so Miss Olivia had to look glamorous in her pictures!



So all of that was the busy part; the not so busy part was the fact that we didn't go anywhere the past 2 weeks. The weather has been so bitterly cold, it has been snowing (only the dogs have been silly enough to want to play outside), I am recovering, and Mr. Joseph is still fighting a cold/cough. We are on week 3 with this cough! He just went in yesterday to be checked again. Dr. S said that he felt it is mostly drainage but to be sure he took a chest x-ray. I was relieved to hear just drainage and no ear infection, sinus infection, or pneumonia!

This was the scene around the house lately. Sleeping in, hanging out in our PJ's, and relaxing (for the most part).



(best friends)

No comments: