Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Was that a long o?



Ok, so the running joke is when Jason, Livi, and I brought Joey to his NICU check up in January, the psychologist (which I must say was clueless) asked Jason and I if Joey was saying any vowels. I know that I had to have looked at her like she had 3 eyes, because never in my life have I heard of a baby needing to say their "vowel sounds." Heck, when Olivia was a baby, they simply asked if she was talking and that was good enough. Then to make matters even more comical, she continued to ask if Joey was saying any consonant sounds; and asked if we could mimic what he says.

We told her that Joey babbles ALL the time and that we couldn't demonstrate what he said. She then went on to fail Joey in his psychological review. I know that I take these things personally being a mother and a teacher, but come on give me a break!

Well tonight Joey gave a small demonstration of how he can say his long o sound. Maybe I should forward this to his psychologist.?!

No comments: